BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 28, 2010

LIFE TIP #10 - THROUGH - Make it your favorite preposition today.

You could go around it. Go under it. Get over it. You could get into it for hours and then find you want to get out of it.


I've tried them all. In fact, that may be why, as an English teacher, my favorite lesson of all time was teaching prepositions. These aren't just WORDS, people. They're defense mechanisms. And I am a master at all of them.

But like bell bottoms and jellies and black eyeliner and big hair (oh wait.) those things are slowly losing their place in my life. (I am sorry I have held on to the big hair so long. It's just who I am.)

Nothing profound. Nothing new. No advice. Just a healthy review of what works best. And it's in the simple tasks that this is practiced - like the past two days when my trainer has asked me to do lunges. I hate lunges. If me and lunges got into a fight, lunges would die a long, painful, gory death. But I keep doing them. And they're getting easier. I still hate them, and it always takes me a few minutes to get my form right, but I am doing them.

I'm not much of a talker though, so through is hard because it requires initiating conversations about feelings. And, news flash, gentlemen, not all women want to talk about their feelings. In GET OVER IT families, you're bred to do anything BUT talk about your feelings. But I think I'm going to start practicing.

I don't hate talking as much as I hate lunges, so maybe if I just focus on putting one word in front of the other . . . .


0 comments: