BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LIFE TIP OF THE DAY #8

LIFE TIP OF THE DAY #8 - SAY "WHEN"

I am supposed to be working right now, but I've not been able to get this one out of my mind since I hopped off the treadmill last night. Spoke to two of my kindred spirits yesterday, and aside from the fact that hearing their voices greatly improved my day, there was a resounding theme in what each of them said. To be short - they both said "when" to someone in their lives.

You know how it is. We talk and talk and talk and basically say nothing of substance until someone stomps on the boundaries of our lives and then it's whoa Nelly. Or is it? How many of us really - REALLY - say we've had enough when we have? Yeah, yeah, forgiveness and all that - I get it, but sometimes I think people use forgiveness as a cop out.
"I choose to forgive" = "I choose to not engage."
So, which one is better? Does one method get you further than the other?

I think it's a game of degrees, and here are mine:

- Irritating
- Pushing It
- Acting Wrong
- Just Plain Wrong
- Making Me Seriously Tired of Your Shit
- Possibly a Violation of the Constitution or the Ten Commandments or both.


And looking at those, I get verbal between Just Plain Wrong and Tired of Your Shit. And because I am willing to overlook the first three levels, I usually do so with no regrets.

But hey, get this. I just had this thought. There is also parallel rating system that could possibly exist in conjunction with the first on a LOGIC level. It's an IF/THEN relationship.
Wow. Check it . . .

- Random Stranger
- Friend or Acquaintance
- Family Member You Don't See Except at Major Holidays and Maybe Not Even Then
- Family Member Who Knows Better
- Spouse or Parent

So, IF a RANDOM STRANGER is IRRITATING, THEN _________.

IF a FAMILY MEMBER WHO KNOWS BETTER is MAKING ME TIRED OF YOUR SHIT, THEN ____________.

Of course, I've left out the actions because I am short on time and I'm kind of masochistic about punishment anyway, but can you imagine the possibilities? It's better than the possible drink combinations at Sonic.

I know there are gentler souls than I. But I maintain that "gentle" is a word they prescribe for themselves. "Chicken" is the word I prescribe to them. As of yesterday, there are two less chickens in my circle of friends. I'm no geologic expert, but I know a lot about pressure, and I think they can consider these some of the healthiest eruptions ever.

Congratulations to you . . . my friends, kindred spirits, and muses. IF you were near, THEN I would hug you. And I'd make it a DO LOOP.

Disclaimer: If you did not take FORTRAN or COBOL in college, you might be lost. Deal with it.

0 comments: