BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

LIFE TIP INTERMISSION - THE MOMMA IS NEVER ALONE - A POEM

trying to work, trying to work, trying to work from home
but I should know better, when we're all together, the momma is never alone

the momma can't sit in a corner and glare at her numbers and figures and rates
the momma must answer all questions like "hey, lady, why is our dinner so late?"

the momma must find all the toys to keep busy the munchkins and "put on the smurfs"
the momma must nod at the comments and quips and kiss boo-boos' and owies and hurts.

but mostly the momma, dear, busy, old momma, dear, cranky old momma can see
all the gifts in the mind-boggling chaos around her, in the circus, she somehow finds peace


peace in the smile of a jolly, fat baby who babbles and jabbers and crawls
peace in the style of sassy-sweet misses who's using my bra as a shawl
peace in the way that the daddy pops in for he's just gotta see where we are
oh how they fulfill me, distract me, and and kill me, these people who make up my heart . . .

m.w.

0 comments: